Carlisle Co. Middle School
SBDM Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2018
The Carlisle Co. Middle School SBDM Council met in regular session on
May 23, 2018 in the CCMS teachers’ lounge.
SBDM members present:
DeeAnne Arant – Principal
McKenzie Bruer – parent representative
Clay Tilford-teacher representative
Jamie Williams -parent representative
Angie Gilbert-teacher representative
SBDM members absent:
Dorisanna Hall-teacher representative
- Call to Order
The meeting called to order by chairperson, DeeAnne Arant.
- Minutes and Financial Reports
A copy of the agenda for the meeting, minutes from the last meetings and the monthly financial reports were distributed to all council members to read and approved.
Angie Gilbert motioned to approve the minutes from last meeting and the financial reports as presented.Makenzie Bruer seconded the motion.
The motion carried and the minutes and financial reports approved.
- Testing/progress monitoring/on-demand scrimmages/RTI
Mrs. Arant talked to the council about state testing, RTI, on-demand scrimmages, and possible changes for next year. She believes she has a donor for the Lexia Power Up Reading RTI program. She is going to look at a program for math RTI.
- Budget: Mrs. Arant presented the council with 2018/2019 budget. Angie Gilbert motioned to approve. Clay Tilford seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Review policies and make adjustments.
- Sports policy- changes made for third review @ next meeting.
- Assignments of Students to classes/programs- changes made in March approved.
- Consultation policy- changes made in March approved.
- Planning and Resolution of Issues Regarding Instructional Practices - changes made in March approved.
- School Space Use- approved as is.
- Discipline- changes were discussed and it will be adjusted and reviewed again at next meeting.
- Important Upcoming Dates: SBDM training July 11th; CCMS registration/open house July 30th tentatively set for 4-7 PM
- New Business---Mr. Tilford brought up concerns about sports pictures taken during the school day as well as superlative pictures, etc. We discussed having sports pictures taken during practice time and other pictures taken during electives or enrichment time.
Mrs. Gilbert bought a parental concern about the MVCC Counselor being in the middle school office.She gave some valid parental concerns.This was noted.Mrs. Arant will explore options.
- Next Meeting dates: July 11, 2018