Carlisle Co. Middle School
SBDM Meeting Minutes
March 26 2018
The Carlisle Co. Middle School SBDM Council met in regular session on
March 26, 2018 in the CCMS teachers’ lounge.
SBDM members present:
DeeAnne Arant – Principal
Dorisanna Hall-teacher representative
Clay Tilford-teacher representative
Jamie Williams -parent representative
Angie Gilbert-teacher representative
SBDM members absent:
McKenzie Bruer – parent representative
- Call to Order
The meeting called to order by chairperson, DeeAnne Arant.
- Minutes and Financial Reports
A copy of the agenda for the meeting, minutes from the last meetings and the monthly financial reports were distributed to all council members to read and approved.
Clay Tilford motioned to approve the minutes from last meeting and the financial reports as presented.Angie Gilbert seconded the motion.
The motion carried and the minutes and financial reports approved.
- Program Reviews/Testing/progress monitoring/on-demand scrimmages/RTI
Mrs. Arant talked to the council about the upcoming year end testing. Teachers have chosen a theme and kickoff to begin May 4th. Testing window May 7th through 10th. Progress monitoring of students is still showing progress. Students will participate in another on demand scrimmage in April. Students are still being pulled as needed for RTI. The trial program PowerUP is being used at least 2 times a week with the lowest performing students and once a week with rest of the students.
- Review policies and make adjustments.
- Writing policy-approved
- Wellness Policy for Moderate to Vigorous Exercise and Healthy Choices- approved
- Sports policy- changes made for second review @ next meeting.
- Assignments of Students to classes/programs- changes made for second review @ next meeting
- Consultation policy- changes made for second review @ next meeting.
- Planning and Resolution of Issues Regarding Instructional Practices - changes made for second review @ next meeting.
- New SBDM parent members. Parents elected for next year’s SBDM include McKenzie Bruer and Nancy Whitaker. Teacher elections for SBDM representative will take place in May.
- Staffing Allocations: Mrs. Arant presented the council with 2018/2019 class and teacher schedule. Angie Gilbert motioned to approve as tentative and subject to change. Dorisanna Hall seconded the motion.
- Important upcoming dates- Clay Tilford will add these dates to school website.
- New Business---none
- Next Meeting dates: May 21, 2018