Carlisle Co Middle School
SBDM Meeting Minutes
August 28, 2018
The Carlisle Co Middle School SBDM Council met in regular session on August 28, 2018 in the CCMS teachers’ lounge.
SBDM members present:
DeeAnne Arant – Principal
McKenzie Bruer – parent representative
Angie Gilbert – teacher representative
Clay Tilford – teacher representative
Jean Ann Adams – teacher representative
SBDM members absent:
1. Call to Order
The meeting called to order by chairperson, DeeAnne Arant.
2. Minutes and Financial Reports
A copy of the agenda for the meeting, minutes from the last meeting and the monthly financial reports were distributed to all council members to read and approve. Angie Gilbert motioned to approve the minutes from the last meeting and the financial reports as presented. Clay Tilford seconded the motion.
3. Testing/progress monitoring/on-demand scrimmages/RTI
Mrs. Arant discussed the lack of funding for the Lexia reading program. Mr. Tilford and Mrs. Adams are going to look into possible math programs for enrichment/RTI.
4. Student scheduling changes
Mrs. Arant discussed the basic changes in student schedules that were made from the beginning of the year.
5. Review policies and make adjustments
- Staff time – proposed changes made, draft will be read at next meeting
- Curriculum – changes proposed for review at next meeting
- Schedule – approved as is
- Alignment – approved as is
- Technology – approved as is
6. Important upcoming dates – see meeting agenda
7. New business – none
8. Next meeting date: October 29, 2018