Carlisle County Schools Reopening Plan 2021-2022
- Carlisle County Schools is committed to the overall health and safety of our students and families.
- Based on guidance from the Kentucky Department of Public Health we will be taking certain mitigation strategies to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Those strategies could vary based on the coverage of vaccination, the level of transmission in the community and occurrences of the virus within the school setting. Those strategies are listed in the following bullets.
- Promoting vaccination is one of the recommendations within the guidance document. We will encourage vaccination for those age 12 and older through working with local partners to offer vaccinations to those that are interested either onsite or at convenient locations within the community.
- Masks will not be required at this time, but we encourage adherence to CDC Guidance on mask wearing for those that are not vaccinated and those under the age of 12. Masks will be available to anyone that chooses to wear one.
- Continue to require parents to monitor their children for fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 and keep students at home if they are displaying any symptoms.
- Continue to require staff to monitor themselves for fever or symptoms of COVID-19 and stay home if they are displaying any of those symptoms.
- Promote physical distancing where possible.
- Reinforce and teach, where necessary, handwashing and respiratory etiquette such as coughing into the elbow.
- In collaboration with the Purchase District Health Department, continue to isolate students who develop symptoms at school, instruct on isolation guidelines for those that test positive for COVID-19 and contact trace/quarantine those that are close contacts to positive cases. Quarantine procedures will be either a 10 day quarantine since exposure or 7 days after exposure with a negative COVID-19 test that occurs on or after the 5th day since exposure.
- Vaccinated individuals that have surpassed 14 days since their last dose of vaccine will not be quarantined unless they are experiencing symptoms.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will continue in all settings.
- Water stations will be utilized as they were last year in place of water fountains.
We look forward to the return to learning in the 21-22 school year. Should you have any questions feel free to contact us at 270-628-3800. You may view the complete guidance document at https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/covid19/K-12Guidance.pdf .