Carlisle Co Middle School
SBDM Meeting Minutes
September 16, 2019
The Carlisle Co Middle School SBDM Council met in regular session on August 28, 2018 in the CCMS teachers’ lounge.
SBDM members present:
DeeAnne Arant – Principal
Clay Tilford – teacher representative
Jean Ann Kendall – teacher representative
Johnna Martin – parent representative
Eric Perry – parent representative
Nancy Whitaker – parent representative
SBDM members absent:
Angie Gilbert – teacher representative
Tosha Arnold – teacher representative
- Call to Order
The meeting called to order by chairperson, DeeAnne Arant.
- Minutes and Financial Reports
A copy of the agenda for the meeting, minutes from the last meeting and the monthly financial reports were distributed to all council members to read and approve. Jean Ann Kendall motioned to approve the minutes from the last meeting and the financial reports as presented. Johnna Martin seconded the motion.
- Approve cheer volunteers
A motion was made by Clay Tilford to approve Andrea Gill and Jami Vela to assist Lacey Watson with the cheer team as volunteers. Eric Perry seconded the motion.
- Girls’ Basketball Coaches
Derek Lemons and Joe Ben Hogancamp have been hired as the new middle school girls’ basketball coaches.
- Review policies and make adjustments
- Curriculum – Revisions were made
- Alignment w/State Standards – Revisions were made
- Wellness – Revisions were made
- Writing – Tabled until Language Arts teachers’ can make recommendations
- School Profile Report – Johnna Martin made a motion to approve. Nancy Whitaker seconded the motion.
- KPrep Data – Embargoed data was reviewed after each member present signed a Nondisclosure contract.
- CSIP – Discussed a timeline for review.
- New Business – Multiple concerns regarding the cleaning service were discussed.
- Next meeting date is set for November 18, 2019 at 3:15pm